+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Future Docs 2015
- March 28 2015 at 9:15 AMScott HallThe Wayne State University School of Medicine Alumni Association is pleased to present Future Docs as a special opportunity for alumni, friends, faculty and staff. Attention Future Docs ages 6-12: Join us for an exciting day filled with fun and education, featuring hands-on medical and science workshops, kids activities, lunch and a complimentary Future Docs T-shirt. Prices School of Medicine Alumni Association members: $25 per child, $15 per adult Non-members: $30 per child, $20 per adult Register Now!
- Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: At the Intersections of Old and New
- March 30 2015 at 12:00 PMScott HallFeaturing Jay Yang, M.D., assistant professor of the Department of Oncology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Center. Presented by the WSU Department of Internal Medicine.
- Addressing Fertility in People Diagnosed with Cancer
- March 31 2015 at 8:00 AMHutzel HospitalFeaturing Terri Woodard, M.D., assistant professor of Gynecologic Oncology and Reproductive Medicine for the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center and assistant professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology adn Infertility for Baylor College of Medicine. Presented by the WSU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- More Events
Summer Fellowship Research Program
Summer Fellowships in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Application deadline is March 16, 2015
- A stipend of $3500 for 3 months full time work (May - August period).
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and physics who have completed their sophomore year.
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, experience, and commitment to basic research.
- An opportunity to learn modern research techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology and to gain research experience for entry into the biomedical and biotechnical fields.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Application forms are available from:
Summer Research Fellowship Program
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Ave., Detroit, MI, 48201
Department Faculty Research Interests