+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Fourth annual Prostate Cancer Symposium
- September 20 2014 at 8:00 AMCharles H. Wright Museum of African American HistorySponsored by the Wayne State University School of Medicine and the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, this symposium will present the latest treatment advances, including proton beam therapy, cryotherapy, new FDA-appproved drug therapy and clinical trials. The event is free and open to the public. Registration is required and can be done on line at www.karmanos.org/ProstateCancerSymposium or by calling 1-800-527-6266.
- Standard and Innovative Therapies for Fecal Incontinence
- September 23 2014 at 8:00 AMHutzel HospitalFeaturing Eric Sokil, M.D., assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology and of urology at Standford University School of Medicine. Presented by the WSU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Essential Pelvic Anatomy
- September 23 2014 at 9:00 AMHutzel HospitalFeaturing Eric Sokil, M.D., assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology and of urology at Standford University School of Medicine. Presented by the WSU Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- More Events
Summer Fellowship Research Program
Summer Fellowships in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Application deadline is March 17, 2014
- A stipend of $3500 for 3 months full time work (May - August period).
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and physics who have completed their sophomore year.
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, experience, and commitment to basic research.
- An opportunity to learn modern research techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology and to gain research experience for entry into the biomedical and biotechnical fields.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Application forms are available from:
Summer Research Fellowship Program
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Ave., Detroit, MI, 48201
Department Faculty Research Interests