+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Local Anesthetic Toxicity: Past, Present and Future
- July 30 2014 at 6:30 AMHarper University HospitalFeaturing Chima Nzerem, D.O. Presented by the WSU Department of Anesthesiology.
- Panel Discussion: Introduction to the Clinical Competency Committee
- July 30 2014 at 1:00 PMDingell VA Medical CenterFeaturing Heidi Kromei, PH.D., academic director fo rthe Detriot Medical Center Graduate Medical Education; Paul Dougherty, M.D., program director of the orthopaedic surgery residency program for the Detroit Medical Center/Providence Hospital; and Vicky Diaz, M.S.N., Ph.D., associate program director of the WSU Department of Neurosurgery. Presented by the WSU Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences.
- Unraveling cancer signaling networks with mass spectrometry
- July 31 2014 at 4:30 PMHudson-Webber Cancer Research CenterFeaturing Paul Huang, Ph.D., team leader for the Institute of Cancer Research in London, England. Presented by the Barbara Ann Karmanos Institute.
- More Events
Summer Fellowship Research Program
Summer Fellowships in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Application deadline is March 17, 2014
- A stipend of $3500 for 3 months full time work (May - August period).
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and physics who have completed their sophomore year.
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, experience, and commitment to basic research.
- An opportunity to learn modern research techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology and to gain research experience for entry into the biomedical and biotechnical fields.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Application forms are available from:
Summer Research Fellowship Program
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Ave., Detroit, MI, 48201
Department Faculty Research Interests