+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Medical Education: Internal Medicine Morning Report
- August 1 2016 at 11:00 AMUniversity Health CenterPresented by the WSU Department of Internal Medicine.
- Cardiology: Cardiovascular Physical Examination
- August 1 2016 at 12:00 PMDMC Heart HospitalWith Dr. Shaun Cardozo. Presented by the WSU Department of Internal Medicine.
- Assertiveness Skills
- August 2 2016 at 11:00 AMMargherioDo you hesitate to speak up in certain situations? Do you express yourself clearly and directly? Are you sometimes nervous about stating your position? These are questions which gage how assertive you are. Our Assertiveness Skills training sessionteaches techniques on how to speak up confidently on your own behalf. This enhances your visibility, credibility and allows you to express your ideas in a manner which is clear and concise. This session will help you establish and project the image of a poised and polished professional. Learning Objectives • Define assertiveness• Explain the assertiveness continuum• Identify personal blocks to assertiveness• Demonstrate assertive language and behaviors• Use straight talk in any situation
- More Events
Summer Fellowship Research Program
Summer Fellowships in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Wayne State University School of Medicine:
- Applications will be distributed based on availablility.
- A stipend of $3500 for 3 months full time work (May - August period).
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and physics who have completed their sophomore year.
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, experience, and commitment to basic research.
- An opportunity to learn modern research techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology and to gain research experience for entry into the biomedical and biotechnical fields.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, with a minimum GPA of 3.0