+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- March of Dimes Annual March for Babies
- April 27 2014 at 8:00 AMSt. Andrew'sThousands of families and business leaders will join together in the March of Dimes’ annual March for Babies at 9 a.m. on Sunday, April 27 on the campus of Wayne State University. The March for Babies is the nation’s oldest walk fundraiser, raising money for the charity and promoting its mission to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality. The March will begin and end at St. Andrew’s Hall located on Anthony Wayne Drive near Warren Avenue on Wayne State’s main campus. Participants may park in parking Structure 2 or Structure 5 for $6.50. Registration opens at 8 a.m. and the march will begin at 9 a.m. Want to see how Wayne State is already helping mothers and babies? Visit the Perinatology Research Branch website for more information about the amazing work they do to help mothers and babies. Want to see what March for Babies is all about? Click here to see a video about the March. Join one of these teams to get involved PINC Pregnancy Study – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2080275 Wayne Cares - College of Nursing, C2 Pipeline – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2080276 Wayne Cares - Office of Research – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2080258 Wayne Cares – PRB – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2080244 Wayne Cares - School of Medicine Dean's Office – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2080245 Wayne Cares - School of Medicine OBGYN – www.marchforbabies.org/team/WSUOBGYN Wayne Cares - Wellness Warriors – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2080248 WSU Physician Group – www.marchforbabies.org/team/WSUPG Wayne State University – www.marchforbabies.org/team/t2208148
- Medical Specialty Lunch- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- April 29 2014 at 12:00 PMScott HallThe Office of Student Affairs and the Office of Alumni Affairs is pleased to present a Medical Specialty Lunch featuring Obstetrics and Gynecology. Would you like to know where a specialty in Obstetrics and Gynecology can take you? How it will impact your personal and professional life? What you can do to prepare for a career in this specialty? Then join us for a discussion with alumni in the field! Lunch will be provided for the first 20 students to arrive.
- The Enigma of De Caux
- April 30 2014 at 6:30 AMHarper University HospitalFeaturing David Wilkinson, M.D., president of the World Federation of the Societies of Anesthesiologists. Presented by the WSU Department of Anesthesiology.
- More Events
Summer Fellowship Research Program
Summer Fellowships in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Application deadline is March 17, 2014
- A stipend of $3500 for 3 months full time work (May - August period).
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and physics who have completed their sophomore year.
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, experience, and commitment to basic research.
- An opportunity to learn modern research techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology and to gain research experience for entry into the biomedical and biotechnical fields.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Application forms are available from:
Summer Research Fellowship Program
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Ave., Detroit, MI, 48201
Department Faculty Research Interests