+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Red Cross Blood Drive
- September 2 2014 at 11:00 AMScott HallThe Red Cross will conduct at blood drive Sept. 2 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. in Scott Hall. Donate at your convenience by making an appointment at www.redcrossblood.org (use the sponsor code WSUMED). Walk-ins are also welcome.
- AMP-activated Protein Kinase in the Aged Heart
- September 2 2014 at 12:00 PMScott HallFeaturing Ji Li, Ph.D., assistant professor of pharmacology and toxicology for the School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences at State University of New York. Presented by the WSU Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
- September 3 2014 at 7:30 AMHarper University HospitalFeaturing Dr. Folbe. Presented by the WSU Department of Otolaryngology.
- More Events
Summer Fellowship Research Program
Summer Fellowships in Molecular Biology and Biochemistry at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Application deadline is March 17, 2014
- A stipend of $3500 for 3 months full time work (May - August period).
- Open to undergraduate students majoring in biology, biochemistry, chemistry and physics who have completed their sophomore year.
- Awarded on the basis of academic achievement, experience, and commitment to basic research.
- An opportunity to learn modern research techniques in biochemistry and molecular biology and to gain research experience for entry into the biomedical and biotechnical fields.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents with a minimum GPA of 3.0
Application forms are available from:
Summer Research Fellowship Program
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Wayne State University School of Medicine
540 East Canfield Ave., Detroit, MI, 48201
Department Faculty Research Interests