+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Toxicology Quarterly Rounds
- January 9 2014 at 8:00 AMSinai Grace HospitalThe next toxicology quarterly rounds will focus on the "Toxicology of Winter."
- PAD Seminar - Developing a Data Management Plan and Ensuring Secure Data Access
- January 16 2014 at 1:00 PMWelcome CenterThe offices of the Vice President for Research, Provost, and Faculty Affairs (School of Medicine) are pleased to offer this free career development seminar series for WSU faculty, chairs & directors, postdoctoral trainees & graduate students, and administrators. Seminars are free, but registration is required. This seminar, Developing a Data Management Plan and Ensuring Secure Data Access, will take place Thursday, Jan. 16, 2014, from 1-2:30 p.m. in the Welcome Center Auditorium. The moderator will be Diane Chugani, professor of pediatrics and radiology in the School of Medicine. Presenters will include: David Cinabro, professor of physics and astronomy; Patrick Gossman, deputy chief information officer for Computing and Information Technology; Geoff Nathan, professor of English; Phil Cunningham, assistant vice president for Research Compliance; Jim Van Loon, user experiences librarian and library liaison for the College of Engineering and the Department of Physics and Astronomy; and Jackie Parker, administrative director for the Adult and Pediatric Clinical Research Center and clinical and translational science. Topic covered will include: What does every PI need to know about data management? What does the NIH expect to see in your data management plan? What does the NSF expect to see in your data management plan? How does C&IT help with data infrastructure, security and access? What does the Research Compliance Office expect of your data security? Advice to faculty on maintaining data security and access Online resources for data management/planning and recent case study of data sharing plan for an NIH grant application Thank you to Media Services at University Libraries and the School of Medicine’s Biomedical Communications Services for videotaping the seminars. We hope to see you there!
- COS Pivot/WSU ResearchConnect Training
- January 27 2014 at 1:00 PMUndergraduate LibraryFaculty, staff and students are invited to a hands-on demonstration to learn how to join and use COS Pivot and WSU ResearchConnect. Wayne State University subscribes to COS Pivot, the single most comprehensive source of funding information available. Whether your work is in the sciences or the arts, COS Pivot services can help support and advance your research. Much more efficient than Googling, the database is an aggregation of funding information that is verified for accuracy, updated for currency and formatted for quick, targeted searching. COS Pivot is available to all current WSU faculty, staff and students. Click on the links below to view COS Pivot handouts Getting Started Finding Scholars Finding Funding Opportunities Your COS PIVOT Home Page In an effort to promote and facilitate interdisciplinary research, Wayne State University is committed to using innovative research tools and information technologies to promote collaboration. ResearchConnect is one of these tools which provides a searchable database of expertise across most disciplines at WSU. Explore the profiles, publications, and grant data of hundreds of researchers within our university. Follow the network and collaborations within WSU, throughout the SciVal Experts Community, and across the national DIRECT and VIVO networks. The publications and grants listed for faculty members reflect their expertise in the unit(s) with which they are affiliated here at WSU or at prior institutions and offer a snapshot of their knowledge and interests. This training seminar will take place Monday, Jan 27, 2014, 1-2:30 p.m., in the Undergraduate Library, Computer Lab A. This event is free, but space is limited, and registration is required!
- More Events
Students who are interested in our graduate programs can view information at the links below:
- Ph.D. Program in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- M.S. Program in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology