+ View AllEvents
Calendar of Events
- Full List
- Advanced Instrumentation Summer Workshop - Nano Farbrication Service Core
- August 22 2014 at 2:30 PMEngineering, College ofThe Office of the Vice President for Research is pleased to host the next Advanced Instrumentation Summer 2014 Workshop on August 22, 2014 at 2:30 p.m. in the Engineering Building's Hall of Fame. Dr. Mark Cheng, director of WSU's Nano Fabrication Core (nFab) and associate professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, will discuss the dual-beam focused ion beam system (FIB) that is available at nFab. The nFab is equipped with the state-of-the-art micro and nanofabrication equipment for thin film coating, device prototyping and material characterization. The addition of FIB enables nanoscale patterning, ion milling and deposition within 20nm resolution, depending on the process and materials. This workshop will start with a presentation by Dr. Cheng followed by a tour of the facility. The presentation includes a brief introduction of the micro/nanotechnologies, cleanroom capabilities, and potential application of FIB. Attendees are encouraged to bring samples to take high-resolution imaging using the FIB. The lecture and tour is open to all students, faculty and staff. Registration is required to attend this event.
- Exposure Science: Bedrock of Public Health Protection
- August 25 2014 at 1:00 PMWoodward GardensFeaturing Masako Morishita, Ph.D., a research assistant professor in the Department of Environmental Health Sciences at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. This position candidate talk is presented by the WSU Department of Family Medicine and Publich Health Sciences.
- The Other Opiates
- August 27 2014 at 6:30 AMHarper University HospitalFeaturing Zachary King, M.D. Presented by the WSU Department of Anesthesiology.
- More Events
Dr. Kalyan C. Kondapalli
The Johns Hopkins University
Graduated from Dr. Stemmler’s laboratory in 2008
Title of his Dissertation: Structure-Function Studies of Frataxin: An Iron Chaperone in the Mitochondrial Fe-S Cluster and Heme Biosynthentic Pathways